Davies Howe Hosted ACC Continuing Legal Education Program
On October 12, 2010, in association with the Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC), Ontario Chapter, Davies Howe Partners LLP hosted a continuing legal education program entitled “How to Best Protect Directors and Officers Through D & O Insurance” for in-house legal counsel.
The program included the following presentations:
“An Overview of Directors and Officers Duties”
by Ava Kanner
“A Guided Tour Through a Directors’ and Officers’ Insurance Policy”
by David Cherepacha
“Corporate Counsel Issues for D & O Insurance”
by Jordan Solway, General Counsel and Vice President, Claims at Munich Reinsurance Company of Canada
These PowerPoint presentations are available here.
- Understanding the Impact of Growth Plan Reforms
- A Short Guide to the Proposed Amendments to the Growth Plan, 2017
- Planning to Close: Tips, Traps and Tribulations
- 2018 NRU Rankings – Another Stellar Year!
- Bill 66 – Restoring Ontario’s Competitiveness Act, 2018 – Proposed Planning Act Changes
- Davies Howe is pleased to welcome the following lawyers to our growing team
- The Planning Act and Community Improvement Plans: A Summary
- New Associate – Alex Lusty
- Validation Certificates in Ontario
- Limitations on Good Faith
- Leading Lawyers in Property Development
- OMB Releases Decision on Low-Rise Regulations
- Our Newest Partner – Kyle Gossen
- #1 in the GTHA, #2 in Toronto – Novae Res Urbis (NRU)
- Bill 139 – A Whole New World?
- Mass Transit Expropriations – Are Private Property Rights Maintained?
- Davies Howe Hosts ULI Toronto Roundtable on the 2017 Growth Plan
- Aboriginal Peoples and the Duty to Consult: Implications for Land Development
- City Of Toronto Issues New Obligations for Apartment Buildings and Managers
- New Provincial Plans Released
- Major Announcement: Ontario’s Proposed Changes to the OMB and Land Use Planning Appeal System
- Creation of the City of Toronto Local Appeal Body
- NRU Ranks Davies Howe Partners in the Top 3 for Both Toronto and the GTA
- John Alati on #urbanizeTHIS – Municipal Lawyer John Alati Says The OMB Should Stay
- Divisional Court Rules Ontario Municipal Board Cannot Set Overall Parkland Dedication Caps
- Considerations When Requesting a Court Ordered Medical Exam
- Fixed Term Employment Contracts and the Duty to Mitigate
- Ontario Court of Appeal Clarifies Possible Defendants for Misrepresentation in Take-Over Bid Circulars
- Development Charges Cannot Result in Subsidy or be Collected for Conservation Authorities
- OUR NEWEST PARTNERS – ISAIAH BANACH AND MEAGHAN MCDERMID
- Process Over Outcome: Ontario’s Duty of Good Faith in Contractual Dealing
- Court Grapples with Anti-SLAPP Legislation
- Possible Changes Coming to Affordable Housing Policy in Ontario
- Negligent Misrepresentation on Qualification for Long-Term Disability Results in Employer Liability
- Province Releases Proposed Provincial Plans
- Real Estate Professionals Speak to the Future of Toronto
- Mark Flowers featured in Law Times
- 5 Essential Websites for Every Young Lawyer Litigator
- Jeff Davies Featured In Law Times Article on New SLAPP Bill
- Katarzyna Sliwa Wins yBILD Leadership Award
- New Associate – Marisa Keating
- A New Look
- The Development Permit System: When Can Your Client Appeal?
- Ontario re-introduces anti-SLAPP legislation
- NRU Ranks Davies Howe Partners #1 Two Years in a Row!
- Court of Appeal Reinforces Law on Interfering with a Right-of-Way
- New Associate – Kate Fairbrother
- Jeff Davies selected as a Leading Infrastructure Lawyer
- Pickering council gives green light to Durham Live
- Our newest partners – Katarzyna Sliwa and Daniel Steinberg
- Jeff Davies quoted in Law Times article on proposed Development Permit System
- Katarzyna Sliwa: another OMB victory
- We are Leading Practitioners in Property Development
- The December ice storm, a setback for the tree canopy
- Dispensing with Service on a Large Group of Respondents
- Jeff Davies selected as a Leading Canadian Lawyer
- We are #1 in the GTA – again!
- We are in the top 3 Development Law Firms in Toronto – again!
- Toronto Proposes New Official Plan Policies for Employment Lands
- Proposed Amendment to the Planning Act will Lead to More Delays
- Caledon ats Crocker Motion
- Provincial Government Reviewing Land-Use Planning and Development Charges Systems
- Thoughts on the Role of the Planner as Lobbyist
- Stalled Progress or Smart Preservation?
- Who Pays Legal Fees When an Insured Appeals a Denial of WSIB Benefits?
- New City-Wide By-law in Toronto
- GTA Suburbs on the Cutting Edge
- Davies Howe Partners LLP Lauds the Globe and Mail’s Move East
- Jeff Davies Named By Best Lawyers in Canada in the practice area of Real Estate Law
- Our Newest Associate– Kyle Gossen!
- Another DHP Success: OMB dismisses appeal without hearing
- Our Newest Partner – Aaron Platt!
- Our Newest Associate – Alexander Suriano
- Davies Howe Partners Receives Kudos in Superior Court Decision
- Congratulations to Jeff Davies and Kim Beckman
- Jeff Davies is quoted in The Globe and Mail article “Ontario Cracks Down on Spurious Lawsuits”
- Jeff Davies quoted in Urbanland article: Canada/Pacific Northwest
- Jeff Davies’ Op-Ed Article in Toronto Star
- Rejection of a Claim of Bias against Arbitrators
- US Bankruptcy Judge Approves Lehman Brothers Settlement
- Priority Dispute Among Former Directors
- Davies Howe Hosts ACC Education Program
- Corporate Reimbursement of the Legal Expenses of Former Directors
- US Appeal Court Considers Products Exclusion
- Federal Court of Appeal Considers Unionization of Ship Captains
- First Capital Chartwell Plaza
- Allocation of Defence Costs
- Growing Number of Companies Increasing Directors and Officers Liability Limits
- US Appeal Court Considers Insured vs. Insured Exclusion
- Directors and Officers Liability under Newly Revised Securities Legislation
- Insured vs Insured Exclusions
- Davies Howe Hosted ACC Continuing Legal Education Program
- US District Court Disallows Claim for Costs relating to SEC Investigation
- Welcome to our Blog