While most top firms are clustered in the downtown core, we at Davies Howe call the King Street West / Entertainment District our home. It suits our style – sharp, urban and contemporary. We successfully compete with Bay Street by hiring and nurturing great legal minds. Our values are simple and we live them every day – Integrity, Creativity, Excellence and Teamwork. We call it ICE-T.
DAVIES HOWE IS LOOKING FOR A TALENTED LAWYER TO JOIN OUR CREATIVE AND DYNAMIC TEAM.
An associate lawyer with 1 to 4 years’ experience to specialize in our cost-sharing and infrastructure practice. The successful candidate will work in collaboration with lawyers who specialize in negotiating and drafting agreements to secure necessary infrastructure for new development opportunities. The role will require involvement in other areas of the land development process and expropriation matters. The candidate should have strong legal drafting and analytical skills, a demonstrated background and interest in real estate development and a background in land use planning or real estate law. Proficiency with Teraview would be an asset though not a requirement.
The successful candidates will be able to demonstrate:
- Creative and compelling legal drafting abilities.
- Finely-honed analytical skills.
- Persuasive speaking and presentation abilities.
- An understanding of real property and/or planning law issues.
- An interest in working with a team and in a team-oriented environment.
- Intellectual curiosity.
We ask interested applicants to submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample and transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Junior Legal Assistant / Law Clerk – Land Use & Development (May 15,2018)
Davies Howe LLP is looking for a Junior Legal Assistant / Law Clerk to join our Land Use group. This is a great opportunity for the right person.
In addition to supporting two junior lawyers, you will provide general support to the entire Land Use group, working closely with the other assistants when they need help or backup.
We are looking for someone who is bright, eager and hardworking. In return, we provide a competitive salary and benefit package in a fun and friendly environment.
Duties will include:
- Monitor and maintain lawyer calendars and emails
- Set up conference calls and arrange meetings
- Assist with Document Book preparation
- Assist with hearing preparations
- Draft basic correspondence
- Internet research
- Photo copying and scanning
- File opening and other tasks as assigned and required
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualities:
- Law Clerk or Legal Administration diploma
- Keen attention to detail is essential
- 1 year of law office experience is preferred
- Ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word and MS Outlook
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
Candidates with the above qualifications are asked to email their resumes in confidence to: email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for interview will be contacted.