While other top firms are clustered in the downtown core, we at Davies Howe call King Street West and the Entertainment District our home. It suits our style – sharp, urban and contemporary. We very successfully compete with the Bay Street firms by hiring and nurturing great legal minds.
Our values are simple and we live them every day – Integrity, Creativity, Excellence and Teamwork.
We call it ICE-T.
Our busy Land Development group is looking someone who is bright, eager and hardworking to join the team. In return we will provide a competitive salary, seasonal bonuses and a fully sponsored benefit package in a fun and friendly environment.
1) Junior Legal Assistant/Law Clerk – Land Use & Development (May 2019)
This position will support law students and act as general backup to the whole team. It’s a great opportunity to learn municipal law while working with the best.
Duties will include:
- Monitor and maintain lawyer calendars and emails
- Set up conference calls and arrange meetings
- Assist with Document Book preparation
- Assist with hearing preparations
- Draft basic correspondence
- Internet research
- Photo copying and scanning
- File opening and other tasks as assigned and required
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualities:
- Position requires some office experience
- Law Clerk or Legal Administration diploma is required
- A keen eye for detail is essential
- Ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word and MS Outlook
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
Candidates with the above qualifications and qualities are asked to email their resumes in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.