While most top firms are clustered in the downtown core, we at Davies Howe call the King Street West / Entertainment District our home. It suits our style – sharp, urban and contemporary. We compete with Bay Street by hiring and nurturing great legal minds.Our values are simple and we live them every day – Integrity, Creativity, Excellence and Teamwork. We call it ICE-T.
Litigation Associate (March 2018)
We are looking for an associate with 2 to 4 years’ experience to join our Litigation Group. Our practice is diverse and includes insurance, commercial, land use and employment litigation.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent writing and research skills;
- Excellent speaking and presentation abilities;
- Strong interpersonal skills; and
- A strong academic background.
Law Clerk/Legal Assistant – Land Use Planning and Development (April 12/18)
Davies Howe LLP is looking for a law clerk / legal assistant to join our busy Land Use group. Our firm is consistently ranked amongst the top-three law firms practicing in the area of Land Use Planning and Development Law and is currently the highest ranked boutique law firm in both the GTA and Toronto. We’re pretty proud of this.
We are looking someone who is bright, eager and hardworking to join this great team. In return, we provide a competitive salary and benefits package in a fun and friendly work environment.
Duties will include:
- Monitor and maintain lawyer calendars and emails
- Document book preparation
- Hearing preparation
- Drafting routine correspondence
- Arrange conference calls and other client meetings
- Some internet research
- Copying, scanning, file opening and other tasks as required
- The ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualities:
- Law clerk or legal assistant diploma
- Two years law office experience
- Municipal law and land development experience is a definite asset!
- Keen attention to detail is essential
- Strong communication skills, oral and written
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, Worldox, PC Law)
- Ability to connect with clients, staff and lawyers
Candidates with the above qualifications are asked to email their resumes in confidence to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.