COVID-19 – Remote Work Protocol
In order to support public health efforts, the Davies Howe LLP team has implemented a remote work protocol. Our lawyers and staff will be mostly working offsite until further notice. We will be available by phone, email, and video conference; however, we will not be attending or hosting any in-person meetings.
We are committed to ensuring that the important work that we do continues and our high level of professional service is maintained. We are following the best practices provided from our public health experts, which gives us confidence that we will all be successful in flattening the curve on the increase in the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Please be advised:
- The Ontario Courts are closed and all non-urgent hearings have been cancelled/postponed.
- The LPAT has directed that all in-person hearings or mediation events that have been scheduled to commence, or continue on or after Monday March 16thto Friday April 3rd will be adjourned and will be rescheduled at a later date.
- At this point all scheduled LPAT teleconference calls will proceed as scheduled. The Tribunal will not schedule appearance hearings or case management conferences until further notice.
- All TLAB application in-person hearings have been postponed while written and teleconference motions are still scheduled to proceed.
- All Committee of Adjustment hearings in Toronto have also been cancelled/postponed.
- As permitted by municipalities, we will be continuing to make application and other submissions to the best of our ability. As the situation is expected to change over the coming week(s), we will be update, as may be required, our clients with pending applications or submissions on an individual basis regarding these types of matters.
- The City of Toronto and some other Ontario municipalities have cancelled community consultation meetings until further notice.
- The City of Toronto has cancelled Council and Committee of Council meetings until April 3.
- We are following and responding appropriately to the actions of those municipalities that are still open for business and hosting regular meetings.
- Wherever possible we will file appeals electronically and/or by courier in order to meet any appeal deadlines.
We are here to help. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to any member of the Davies Howe LLP team by telephone and email to discuss how we can continue to ensure that your project is moving forward.
From the Davies Howe team, we wish you and your families good health. We are especially grateful to the health care workers in our community for their advice, care and leadership. Let’s all work together to kick Corona Virus to the curb.